Translate

Friday 8 April 2011

First Post!

Having set up my blog I then spent ages adding all the photos onto a photo-hosting site so people would have something nice to look at when they get here.

I've been thinking alot about what I like in a blog, whose blogs do I enjoy reading and which do I just skim the photos?  I've realised the top priority is photos - works in progress, completed works, cute cats sitting on WIPS etc.  Then I like the more "interactive" blogs where people are asked to share their thoughts and opinions on a subject.  Links to fun projects are good, links to anything interesting, links which mean I can find pictures without having to google stuff and get lost looking at irrelevant but interesting sites.

So, the top priority first - here are some pictures.  The first two are my current WIPS, Mirabilia's Bluebeard's Mermaid for a SAL on the Mirabilia Board (see right for link) and The Dark Alphabet being produced one letter at a time by A Note of Friendship blog in memory of Lisa Roswell.

Actually I've done more than that but it's the most recent photo I have.  I am due to finish this month's session on Monday and will post her again.


This is great fun!  I'm stitching it on a piece of tea-dyed 28 count evenweave.  The border I've stitched over 2 because it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring otherwise.  It's quite exciting not knowing what's coming next!  C is for Coven which I've started but is on hold while I work on a "protest piece".

The "protest piece" is for this group The Craftivist Collective who have organised A Railway Adventure.  They are holding "stitch-ins" in various railway stations across the country with pic-nic lunches, blankets and craft.  A nice civilised way to protest the extortionate fare increases planned.  Unfortunately I can't get to one but I'm stitching a railway carriage to send for their bunting!  I'll post a pic when it's done.

Well, that's it for my first post.  I'm off to stitch some of Blue's tail.  If anyone's reading this - please leave a comment.  Let me know how you found me and a link to your blog (if I don't already follow you).  I only realised how many people I stalk follow when I added the list to the side of this blog!

11 comments:

Giovanna said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Jo - nice look! I hope you'll enjoy the new experience.

kerstie said...

at last youve got one, that reminds me i must do some on my blog lol. love your stitching

Nic said...

Glad to see you've made the leap into blogging, looking forward to seeing more x

Lou said...

Hooray for starting your blog! Loving your stitching!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Great first post. I've been checking to see if you were going to post something.

Joysze said...

Jo!!!! You made a blog!!! I didn't even know till I saw your comment in Ana's blog. :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome Joysze!! I've only just started as you can see. I've spent more time arranging photos than actually blogging!
I meant to add my tag to each comment I make on other people's blogs but I keep forgetting!

~mj~ said...

Welcome Jo!! I`m going to check out your pics...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for the comments MJ. I intend to add captions to them all but I was keen to get everything added first. The smalls are the only ones with captions so far!
I do like to know where pictures come from so I will try to get them annotated.

Anne said...

Wow! You sure have a lot of comments for your first blog post!! I love how you've now finished your dark alphabet!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, How lovely to read your first post! I am sorry that it has taken me nearly seven years to comment but I didn't write my first blog post until June 19 of the same year. So, strange as it seems now given our strong bloggy friendship, I hadn't yet found your blog! hugs from the future, Kaye xxx