Translate

Monday 9 January 2012

January WIPocalypse

Bit of confusion on my part.  I signed up for both WIPocalypse and TUSAL noting that you had to post on moondates.  What I didn't spot is that WIPocalypse is on Full Moons and TUSAL is New Moons.  So opposite ends of the month and two dates to remember!!

Here is my first WIP for 2012, Joan Elliott's Green Goddess:


I started stitching her back in September 2011 almost as soon as I got the book-a-zine she was in.  The fabric is a piece of 32 count Murano dyed specially for me by Crafty Kitten (Hi to Dawn and her new Christmas Day baby!).  I'm using all the recommended DMC colours because Joan just picks the best combinations, I feel there is no need to change anything!

The face will be filled in but I only have half a skein of that colour and I'm paranoid of running out halfway through and getting a different dye batch so it will wait until I order some more threads (after payday).

My other two WIPS are The Dark Alphabet:


And My Lovely Sewing Tools from Gift of Stitching online magazine:
Neither of these have been stitched this year so far.  I am a OAAT gal at heart and enjoy my stitching most when I can keep on with a project until it's done.  Rotating is not really for me, I tried various forms last year and it didn't really do it for me.


I did take a picture of my TUSAL thinking it had to be posted too, so here it is:

As you can see it's a TUSAL dish at the moment and the jar is empty.  I put my ORTS in the dish besides the sofa and empty them into the jar periodically.  There doesn't seem to be much in there and it is mostly yellow, as I frogged one shade and replaced with another for the Needlecraft Haven freebie.  I think I must have emptied some of 2012's into 2011's jar as there is no red at all and I know I stitched red this year!



The WIPocalypse is run by Measi and by coincidence she is the latest member of the Stitcherhood of the Travelling Pattern.  This TP is the Lizzie*Kate Life's a Stitch, remember this post?  I asked you what stitch your life would be and Measi said:

"I think I would probably be the rice stitch - complex at first glance, but honestly quite simple underneath. :)"

So the Travelling Pattern is off on it's travels again, back to America.  I have to Google the address Measi gave me as I have no idea where in America it is going to!!

29 comments:

Terri said...

I, too, spaced the dates. I will have to make a quickie post when I get home from work this evening.

I love the green goddess!! Wow!

cucki said...

hello dear, me too confused..now going to mark the date..my mind is spinning like always..lol..
beautiful wip..
happy stitching xx

blue star stitcher said...

I like Dark Alphabet, i've never seen that pattern before.

geeky Heather said...

I've never seen Dark Alphabet before, either, but it is really neat. Your Green Goddess is looking just lovely!

Jenny said...

Jo, the Green Goddess is wonderful - how great to see her back out again!
The little flag next to your "Life's a Stitch" is simply adorable!!! Did you make that?

Joysze said...

GG looks great, Jo! Great plan on waiting on her face, just in case. Yeah, I'm an OOATer too, drives me insane to have multiple things going at once. As a result, my WIPocalypse posts are going to be kinda boring, hehehe.

Shirlee said...

I am also a OOAT gal : ) You've got some great starts! Blessings, Shirlee

The Crafty Princess said...

Green Goddess looks awesome!! What an amazing chart. Can't wait to see more of her.

Good choice to wait until you have all the skeins for the skin. I had a batch difference on the Fragile Heart chart on her face which caused some frogging and then a (gulp) massive hole in the fabby, which ultimately led to a restart!

I wish I was like you and work on one project till it's end. My prob is I can't stop starting new ones so currently rotating 21 WIPs. All good though, one day will have 21 finishes! (Yeah right!)

Happy stitching Jo, your work is perfection! xo Alicia

Nicola said...

I'm a OAAT girl as well so know where you are coming from. Green Goddess is gorgeous, it will be a very nice finish.

Tracy J said...

Green Goddess is an intriguing piece, will be watching your progress on that one.

robindefender said...

Pretty pieces, and I'm soooo in love with how your dark alphabet is turning out!

Christine said...

Beautiful stitching! I can't concentrate on more than one project at once either, I've tried the whole rotation thing but it doesn't work for me

Mouse said...

oooo the green goddess looks fab and I would wait for some more threads before you start too ... and well done to measi on the TP :) love mouse xxxx

Giovanna said...

Such beautiful WIPs - seeing your Dark Alphabet is always a treat!

Minnie said...

I stitched the Green Goddess last year and loved it, there's a picture on my blog. There are more OAATers than I thought, that's me at heart too. I really love the Dark Alphabet it is so different.

Topcho said...

Love all of these projects. Can't wait to see your progress on all of them, but especially the Dark alphabet :D Have fun stitching!

Measi said...

Gorgeous work so far, Jo! :) All three of your projects are on my "one of these days" list.

And no worries not knowing where I am in the US - Rhode Island's only 30 by 40 miles in size. People in the US can't find us either. We barely show up on the map! For reference, I live roughly 60 miles south of Boston, Massachusetts.

Laurita Hall said...

The Godess is turning out so nice!

Hugs,
Laurita

Mindi said...

I signed up for both SALs as well, and at first didn't catch the different moon dates.

Love your Dark Alphabet! I've been downloading them, but haven't stitched any yet.

Good to see some pictures of Madame Flossie. Has she been a good houseguest?

Stitchabilities said...

GG looks stunning!! so do the others!!

♥ Nia said...

Good luck on achieving your goals for this year and finish all your wips!! :D

Ziggyeor said...

great progress. I had seen the Dark Alphabet and was really tempted but I wasn't thrilled with all of the letters. I might stitch a letter I like though for something else. But I have sooo much Halloween!

Loretta said...

You have some wonderful looking projects on the go. I look forward to seeing your progress.

I have join so many things this year that I currently setting up a ledger to remind me when & where to post everything.

Ewa said...

Yup - I had to go through and mark my google calendar so it pops up on my phone when the dates come up, otherwise I'd completely forget! Love your stitching :) Looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

Three very nice projects! And I love your statement at the top of your blog. A good reminder to take time to enjoy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that wip is amazing!!!

Siobhán said...

Oooh, I love all of your WIPs! I think yours is the first Dark Alphabet that I've seen all together--it's lovely! In the US, there used to be a salad dressing called Green Goddess that my parents would let us get as a treat every now on then. Not often, because my brothers & I loved it so much that we'd try eating it with a spoon. LOL Your Green Goddess is much lovelier than salad dressing, of course! ;) Fun memory, though!

Susan said...

Jo, all your projects look great. Wonderful progress. Love the Green Goddess and looking forward to watching your progress on that one. Rhode Island? Well as someone once asked me when I lived in New Hampshire, "Oh is that a county in New England?" And that was from someone from the US. Sad statement on our geography lessons.

Anna said...

Love the goddess!