Translate

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Smalls SAL August Update

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus

I chose three different monthly themes to follow this year:

Hallowe'en Ornie SAL - 12 different themes
Little Stitcher Fairy Tale 12 Days of Christmas - one per month
Primitive Hare Spooky Countdown - one per week starting 31st January

The August theme for the Hallowe'en blog was Ghosts, and as luck would have it the second Moon Rider design by Just Nan featured a ghost!

So here is Jasper:


I stitched him using the DMC conversion supplied but changed the moon to DMC 4090 which is a variegated thread.  I also used the darker green for his scarf as the light didn't show up.  I stitched a stripy border to match the first design.  

Here they are together:


The Little Stitcher design isn't quite finished yet so I will show that one later.

My progress on Primitive Hare's Spooky Countdown has been steady and I now only have two blocks, the header and the footer to stitch with a whole two months to do them in.


Finally the postcards are still coming, here is the latest list:

First postcard from Marcy goes to Gracie at Needles, Pins and Dragonflies
Second postcard from Krista goes to Jocondine at Jocondine
Third postcard from Michelle goes to Sharon at Shebafudge
Fourth postcard from Mouse goes to Vickie at A Stitcher's Story
Fifth postcard from Christine goes to Marcy at Stitching Plus
Sixth postcard from Astrid goes to Krista at Just Stitching Along
Seventh postcard from Vickie goes to Michelle at Michelle's StitchCraft Place
Eighth postcard from Jocondine goes to Deborah at A Patchwork of Crafts
Ninth postcard from Gracie goes to Maggee at Stitching Devotee
Tenth postcard from Sharon goes to Kaye at Kitten Stitching
Eleventh postcard from Deborah goes to Heather at It's Geek to Me

11 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Jo. Are the Just Nan freebies or a chart?

Linda

Krista said...

Cute finishes, Jo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo

Lovely stitching, a pretty cute ghost!

Mii Stitch said...

So sweet! Love the Just Nan finishes :)

Suz said...

I love the little finishes - it makes me want to stitch the one wee Just Nan Hallowe'en design that I have in my pile!

Marcy said...

Lookin' good! I hope I can get my ghost finished by months end.

jocondine said...

Love your moon riders, I'd like to fly to the moon with them both ! xxx;)

Christine said...

Great finishes Jo, the little ghost is adorable

Anna van Schurman said...

Your Halloween stitches are all very cute!

Julie said...

Just Nan designs are always a pleasure to see stitched up, I really must get another one started myself (I have a few)

Maria del Valle said...

Nice finishes, Jo!!