Translate

Saturday 22 October 2016

It is Your Civil Duty to Vote



No, this is not a political post!  Don't panic!  This is me blowing my own trumpet and urging you to vote for the best nominee - me!


I got an email from Immediate Media earlier this week telling me that I have been nominated in their Best Blog Category.   I was blown away and had to log on to see the other nominees.  I am in good company, there's a couple of designer blogs, one with 3 times the followers I have, a group blog and a couple of other bloggers who have really nice blogs, although one seems to be having a little break right now.  None of the blogs have my USP which is you lot!  I honestly do believe that Immediate Media have chosen my blog because of the community activities I run and take part in.  So really, this nomination is for all of us.  So go and vote for yourselves LOL

This is the website where you can vote - British Craft Awards.  There are several categories to vote in and have your say.  The first question asks if you live in the UK but that is only to assess your eligibility to be included in the prize draw.  Non UK residents can still vote, so please do!

Voting is open until 20th December but why wait?  Go and vote when you've finished reading this post!

It's been a bit of a slow week for stitching thanks to work.  The school I've been working with has placed another large order following a meeting with them on Monday so I've been looking up books and making a list and checking it twice.

So here's my day time project:

stitched on 28 count burgundy linen

This is the third in the Byzantine Ornaments series by Teresa Wentzler.  I am using the same fabric and threads as the previous two.  The yellows are as charted but the accent colour is DMC 321 for all the ornaments.  I have just started the gold backstitch for this one.   Hopefully a finish for tomorrow.

Here is my evening project:

stitched on 28count lilac linen

This one is Ghastly, Ghostly Ghouls by Just Nan.  I'm using the DMC conversion and I'm not sure about that red at the bottom.  It should be more dark orange to me.  I'm not using it for the pumpkins anyway, I need the better dark orange that she has used in some of her other designs.

Hallowe'en Blog Hop

I've had a good response to the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop which will take place on the 31st October.  This is your last chance to sign up.  Just leave a comment to say you'd like to take part.

Does this collection of counting pins and a scissor charm look familiar to anyone?  I feel sure I have seen the scissor charm on a blog somewhere but the name escapes me for now...



Finally, don't forget to Vote For Jo!  Remember - a Vote For Jo is a Vote for Blog Hops and SALs and all of you too.  Click this rosette to cast your vote:




33 comments:

Linda said...

Great stitching and GOOD LUCK Jo.

Linda

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I have always said it is important to use the right to vote...so I have good luck Jo. Oh my halloween approaches and I still have to sort out some stitching!

Ariadne said...

Congrats for the nomination!Heading to vote and will share on facebook too.Good luck!Hope you win! Love the Byzantine ornament. I didn't know anything about any Byzantine patterns existing, will look them up!AriadnefromGreece!

Anna van Schurman said...

Done!

Vickie said...

You certainly had me thinking!! With the elections coming right up here in America, I thought, "WHAT?!? Jo is even going to go on about the elections?!" Thank goodness! Whew! I clicked on over, and voted. ;) That was easy. What an honor for you Jo! :D

Bea said...

Nice to know they recognise quality when they see it. I will definitely vote. Love the look of the ornament - so rich. GGG is terrific, especially the ghosts, but that red doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the colours, at least to my eye.

ALICE MARGAUX said...

Congrats on your nomination and yes I have voted for you. Wish you a great weekend. Alice Margaux

Barb said...

Your title scared me a bit but I read on and I will now go vote for YOU!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Congratulations! I cast my ballot for you!

Preeti said...

Good progress on your projects. Congrats on the nomination!! That was a nice voting speech:)

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Voted :) - the choices for some of the categories made me laugh, but that's UK stitching mags for you! Love the Byzantium Ornament, it looks so rich and royal!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Great hallowe'en stitching.Love your TW piece.
I am off to exercise my right to vote,no persuasion needed here:) and congreatulations on being nominated.

Brigitte said...

Haha, at the first moment I was really taken aback when reading the title of this post. But so great to see that you were nominated. I'll go and vote.
Very nice, your TW ornament. And nice progress on the Halloween project.

Justine said...

Congratulations on your nomination! This election sounds a bit more fun than the one which is currently dominating the news...

Anthea said...

That's wonderful Jo, congratulations!

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Congratulations on your nomination. On my way to vote right now.

Julie said...

Good luck, congrats on the nomination.

Mini said...

Congrats Jo for the nomination, you deserve it. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jo
I found your blog through Brigitte's.
Firstly congratulations on your nomination and good luck!
Your blog is lovely and the blog hops etc you arrange are amazing.
I have voted for you.
Wishing you a good week.
Milly x

Kaisievic said...

Dear Jo, Big Congratulations to you, I have just voted. What a well-deserved nomination, fingers and toes-crossed that you win. You do such a fabulous job with your blog hops, that I am sure that you will get the gong. lots of hugs, good wishes and love, Kaye (xxx) (P.S. As a freelance publisher, I think that it is my professional duty to point out that your post title should read Civic not Civil - lol!)

gominam said...

Congrats on the nominations Jo! I'm a good crossstitching citizen and did my duty, I just finished votingfor you👍

FlashinScissors said...

Congratulations on being nominated, Jo!
I agree with Kaye! You do an amazing job with all your blog hops, inspiring so many of your fellow stitchers to join in!
Hugs, and good luck wishes!
I've voted, too!
Barbara xx
(PS All that said, I can't join in with your Halloween hop - I don't have any Halloween stitching! But I will pop over to see all the fun!!!!)

Sheryl said...

How exciting Jo to be nominated, congratulations. I´m off to vote and wishing you good luck.

jocondine said...

I'm back from my civic duty, it was so fun to vote for "the crème de la crème" ;).
Good opportunity to send congrats and thanks. (we'll be going out for the end of the week, so no Halloween hop for me, but I'll take a look on Wednesday) xxx

Sally said...

Good luck Jo!

Christine said...

I've voted! The Byzantine Ornament is looking good

rosey175 said...

o wow I totally thought this was going to be a spiel about the US charade and I was preparing my pitchforks. Thank goodness it's something better! I voted, give me my sticker now please lol!

The Just Nan piece is great, red and all. Of course the cats make it.

The Crafty Princess said...

Hey Jo! I was wandering around the Craft awards website and saw your name so I voted for you already. Good luck stunner. P.S. Where did you get that pic of the scissor fob and pins?

Lili said...

Beautiful stitching!
I will vote for you! Good luck!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! And good luck with the competition! :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Congrats on the nomination, Jo! Of course I voted for you, you and your awesome bloghops need to win!

Katie said...

Finally catching up...I'm glad I didn't miss the chance to vote. I love your blog and the FUN things you do to involve the stitching community. I can't believe I missed a blog hop. So sad. Oh well there will be a next one I'm sure. Your stitching looks great.

Heather said...

Voted! Great stitching!